Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Still Waiting

A couple months ago, I wrote a post called "Waiting."  Well, I am still waiting.  My girls are still bickering, fighting, arguing, whining, and tattle-telling almost constantly.  I have tried taking away privileges.  I have tried yelling.  I have tried reasoning.  Nothing is working.

Last week and this week have been particularly stressful because my hubby has been out of town for work a lot.  We've also been extra busy will all the end-of-the-school-year stuff and softball games.  Maybe that's why it has seemed been even worse.  All I know is that I am seriously losing my patience!

Here are a couple examples of what I'm dealing with:

On Monday, after Rachel & Megan had already lost their privileges of TV, trampoline, bikes, AND computers, I finally just sent them to their rooms.  Separating them seems to be the only way to curb the fighting.  After leaving them in their rooms long enough to calm down - me, not them - I went to let them out of "jail."  Rachel had packed her suitcase.  Seriously.  She had it full of clothes.  She had also packed a bag of toiletries and pulled out some hanging clothes from her closet.  She planned to run away because, in her words, "It's the only way I can get away from Megan!"  Really.  It's that bad.  (Maybe this should be my next strategy, too. . . hmmmmm. . . .)

This morning, we were in the car on the way to the elementary school.  There's just something about being in the car that makes the fighting explode.  It gets 10 100 1000 1,000,000,000,000,000 times worse than usual.  They were dong their usual back and forth.  Rachel said to yelled at Megan, "You are so annoying!!!"  Megan's response was "Well, at least I'm not going to kill you!"  Honestly.  I can't make this stuff up, folks.  Her argument was that her "annoying-ness" was better than murder.


I'm thinking today, if when they start fighting, I might just lock them in a room together and let them slug it out.  Especially, now that I know they won't actually kill each other or anything!!  Sheesh!  And while they're in there NOT killing each other, I guess I will just keep waiting. . . . . .



(By the way, if you follow this blog, you now have 2 new options.  On the right hand side of my page you can sign up for emails when a new entry is posted OR you can like the Golden Spoons page on Facebook!  Check it out!!)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...