Monday, October 17, 2011

A Little Blessing

My hubby and I attended a special dinner event at church tonight.  We picked up the girls from the child care room and headed home, a bit later than their usual weeknight bedtime.  On the way home, Emily told me she had made up a new blessing she wanted to say for me.  It went something like this:

"God, I like the sun and the rain and the stars and the trees.  Thank you for grown-ups like mommies and daddies.  Thank you for my friends.  And I love you."

Then she continued. . .

"I forgot, Thank you God for our food, and for my sisters, and for Memaw and Paw, and for MawMaw and PawPaw, and for our dog Sophie. . . . "

She continued all the way home.

She has an innocent yet genuine love for God that warms my heart.  I hope she holds onto that love and faith throughout her life and that it continues to bring her the joy and comfort it brings her today!

Vote for me @ Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

1 comment:

Robin Kramer said...

Kid's prayers are the best. There's no denying that.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...