Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Random Memories

I do a lot of blog hopping and, a few weeks ago, I stumbled upon a cute blog called Life Under Construction.  It is written by a gal named Jeri who is very much like me - a mom of three (although two of hers are twins) and a fairly new blogger.  Also, like me, she hopes her blog will serve as a way to document memories for her children.  The problem is that, since we are both new bloggers, our blogs missed part of our children's lives.  Well, she has come up with a great solution!  In fact, I think it is so great, I am totally copying her! :-)

She started a segment of her blog called "Dear Kids" where she basically takes an older picture from the archives, posts it, and writes about her memory of it!!  Genius!!!  On my blog, I am calling it "Random Memories" and I have created a tab for it at the top of my blog homepage.  Here's my first entry:



This is one of my favorite portraits of Rachel.  It was taken just after she turned two years old.  I love it because it is the first portrait in which you can see her precious little curls.  Her hair grew in so slowly that it seemed to take forever.  Then, we saw that she had these beautiful curls.  To this day, they are still one of her signature features.  As a baby/toddler/young child, Rachel was always very photogenic.  She loved the attention of the camera (imagine that!) and always smiled.  Most of the time it was very difficult to choose just one or two poses to buy.

Such a beautiful little girl who is now not so little, but still just as beautiful!



Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

1 comment:

Jeri Kleiber said...

I am so flattered!!! I wanted to tell you that I've given you an award...Check it out on my blog! Happy Blogging!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...