Sunday, June 3, 2012

Cleaning is Like Eating Oreos - Kind of

Have you ever heard the expression that cleaning your house with kids around is like brushing your teeth while eating Oreos??  That's how I have felt today.

We got in late from a family reunion last night, so I went to church for a meeting this morning and left the kids at home with DW.  When I got home I found this. . .

Apparently there was a Barbie massacre at the ABC zoo earlier this morning.
I began sorting what turned out to be about 4 loads of laundry that simply refused to wash themselves.  I was barely finished sorting when the two youngest munchkins came in asking for lunch.  (For the record, it was 11:30 and they had breakfast twice that morning.)  I managed to throw in a load of clothes before they died of starvation and then made them lunch (which they hardly ate).

After I cleaned up from lunch, I tried to begin on some other tasks.  For example, I decided I was tired of looking at the tent in our formal living room.  DW helped Megan set it up there (with my permission) earlier in the week.  However, nobody had played in it for the last three days.  Guess what I found? 



Of course, they had decided to play in it again, so I couldn't clean up the tent mess and they were certainly making another mess inside it.

It was at that point I noticed my oldest being a complete couch potato and suggested that she get off her  find something more productive to do.  Although she had been ignoring my "encouragement" for the past two months, she decided that today would be a good day to start working on some online lessons.  She, of course needed my help, and not wanting to miss the opportunity, I stopped "cleaning" and sat down with her for a while.  That, naturally, led to this mess. . . 

and this one. . . .


and this one . . . .

They are small, yes, but they are everywhere I turn!  Even if I do manage to get something cleaned up, there is another mess as soon as I turn around.  Not to mention the 12,678,543,000 "Hey Mom, can/will you . . . " requests I got throughout the entire time I was attempting to straighten the house.  

Finally, I just gave up.  My house is still a wreck, but we  did manage to go to the store and pick up our groceries (thank goodness for online ordering!).  Obviously, I typed this blog post (almost as good as Facebook or Pinterest for distracting me from the things I really need to do) and now I need to go help Rachel work on one last school project.  

Speaking of school, the two big ones have 4 days to go then we will finally be on summer vacation.  That's a good thing, right???


Just Click To Send A Vote For Us @ Top Mommy Blogs






4 comments:

Dawn said...

Your day sounds like my typical day. I feel your pain :-)

Bunkin Mama said...

Hahaha brushing your teeth while eating oreos. I have never heard that before, but it fits so well. I also feel I can never get out from under the endless pile of laindry.

Norine, Science of Parenthood said...

SO TRUE!!!! Same goes for toy purging! I do it on the sly now. Otherwise my kid would hold on to everything he's ever owned. Even stuff he never liked. What's up with that??? Happy SITS Day! You're looking real good!

MolleyMills said...

Oh man those stickers look hard!
Thanks for hooking up to the Hump Day Hook Up

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...