Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Chicken Broccoli Pasta Casserole

I found this recipe on the internet a while back but hadn't had a chance to try it until tonight.  My hubby is not a fan of casseroles or alfredo sauce, so this would not go over well with him. Tonight, however, he was out of town and I decided to give it a try. It was great!! All three of my girls cleaned their plates - that's really saying something at my house!!!  I just had to share - Enjoy!! :)

Chicken Broccoli Alfredo Casserole
1 box  (16 oz) penne pasta
2 jars alfredo sauce (16 oz. each)
16 oz. frozen, chopped broccoli
4 cups shredded Italian blend cheese
2-3 chicken breasts, cooked and cut into bit size pieces (I cheated and used the Perdue Shortcuts pre-cooked chicken!)

  • Boil pasta according to package directions. 
  • In the last couple minutes, add broccoli to boiling water and pasta. Drain.  
  • Mix pasta, broccoli, alfredo sauce, chicken, and 2 cups of the cheese together.  
  • Pour into greased 13x9 casserole dish.  
  • Top with remaining cheese and bake at 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes, or until cheese is melted.




**Since it was just the girls and me tonight, I cut this recipe in half and just used an 8 inch square pan.  I still had leftovers!


  

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...